Most people do not like the sound of their voice.
…..So we asked some of our IFA Direct Home co-ordinators to listen to one of their recent calls where they attempted to make a pension appointment. The idea being to be as self critical as possible.
In summary, more questions and less babble is required at the IFA Direct call centre! (or Geordie babble for one member of staff)
The main point i noticed is i speak to much, keep saying basically and ok. The call was dragged out to long with someone who isn’t interested. Better questioning at the start would have saved half the call.
The call was sh*t to put it bluntly. I think he threw me with his yes, no answers.No exaggeration of “millions” or “massively”.
Explained charge percentages before gaining amount.
No oomph – no personality. You have permission to slap me the next time I say Sir! I gave up too easily.
Interesting to hear, a lot of skirting around the point (errrm’s) can see where I missed a few opportunities to close, too long and drawn out.
WOW! That was awesome. Do I really sound that young on the phone??
There are several things I noticed:
1. Emphasised key words ‘Massively’ and ‘Regulated Financial Advice’ omitted from Hook
2. Much too much talking by me and not enough ‘open’ questions asked, eg How, Why, When, Where, etc
3. He told me at the beginning of the call that he was still paying into the PPP, but I asked him again towards the end of the call and I expressed great surprise, as if I didn’t know! It sounded insincere and I need to make more notes as I go along!!!
Changes I’ll implement immediately:
1. Emphasise the Keywords in the Hook
2. Much less talking by myself and cut out the ‘waffling’
3. Ask more open questions, to express a genuine interest
4. Hone my listening skills and make more notes as I go along
I feel this has been a great help to me and will ensure I introduce these changes immediately!
Incidentally, this one resulted in an appointment.
I listened and seems ok … he will have a review in new year… as he said too busy now and if I pushed it he would prob not bother at all… I could have sounded more up beat maybe…
This call he had no idea who his pension was with only employer and he has no documents, informed him to through online gov site and trace pension as we cannot help until he know his info. Could have done this much quicker, call was possibly too customer service like.
Said OK far too many times.
I thought I was pretty good. Set up a good callback but he didn’t pick up phone. My fault as I rang at the wrong time. If anything I should have closed him instead of waffling about benefits too much.